Pamela K. Pik College Consulting works with the high school student on the entire college search and application process. Her services typically include the following steps, outlined in the beginning of the consultation with a timeline:
- An overview of the high school transcript, and suggestions for future coursework.
- An assessment of the student’s strengths and weaknesses, both academic and extracurricular. Advice on how best to develop and portray the strengths.
- Evaluation of potential majors and careers, after student takes MBTI: Meyers Briggs personality & career assessment.
- Develop a schedule for standardized tests (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests), and
suggest a test prep strategy with recommendations for tutoring, if desired.
- Research and help develop a preliminary college list with student’s input, no later than February of Junior Year. This is a fluid list which will likely change over the months. We finalize the list by September of Senior Year.
- Brainstorming for Common Application essays, and colleges’ supplemental essays. The student writes the essay him/herself, and Pam provides substantial feedback and editing.
- Help plan college visits and prepare for college interviews. A mock interview is encouraged.
- Ensure that all pieces of all college applications are completed in a timely fashion, with student’s cooperation.
The ultimate goal is for the student to “own” the college process, and for the family to be involved along the way, and satisfied with the outcome.
Pam also has experience working with transfer students, involving some, but not all, of the steps listed above.
Please contact Pamela Pik, a top CT college consultant, for an initial consultation with you and your student.